An Emmy Nominated Show
Here’s The Story, an Emmy nominated show that premiered in 2011 and is produced by acclaimed journalist Steve Rogers, is now featuring a two part show featuring the Green Amendment movement. The show joins Maya as she explores the history of the Green Amendment movement and meets with environmental, political and legal leaders key to the movements past, present and future. Among those interviewed is NJ Governor Phil Murphy, PA Senator Franklin Kury who originally conceived of the idea for PA, and the chief justice who wrote the iconic opinion that helped launch the movement.
You can watch the show, see Facebook live chats with some of the key players, and see the full interviews that were conducted as part of the show here: Here’s the Story: The Green Amendment.
Advancing a West Virginia Green Amendment
Ensuring an Enforceable Right to a Clean & Healthy Environment. Check out the West Virginia Legislator FAQs here.
Support Green Amendments For the Generations!
Learn More Below
Factsheets and Materials
The Green Amendment Concept
- The Green Amendment, Securing Our Rights to a Healthy Environment—The Book
- What is a Green Amendment
- Green Amendment Frequently Asked Questions & Their Answers
- Demanding and Defending Your Rights to Clean Air, Clean Water, & a Healthy Environment
- How To Implement & Apply a Green Amendment
- Protections Offered with Trust Language in a Green Amendment
- Using Green Amendments to Strengthen Environmental Justice
- Green Amendment Checklist: Essential Elements of an Effective Environmental Rights Amendment
- Benefits of a Constitutional Provision Protecting Environmental Rights
- Guide of Decisions Using PA Green Amendment Since Dec 2013 Revival
- Green Amendments, Properly Placed and Written, Are A Restraint On Governmental Authority - Article By Team of Attorneys that Successfully Argued PA Case
- The Green Amendment: An Idea Whose Time It Has Always Been, by Gerald J. Williams, Esq.
Webinars & Video Content
Resources for Teachers/Educators
- Green Amendment Teacher Guide (Print | Screen)
- Student Guide and more available
- Virtual Canoe Race - Online educational adventure game that teaches Geography, History, and Science in a trivia contest format
- Article: How to Talk to Your Kids About Climate Change — & Why You Have To
How Green Amendments Are Helping In PA & MT & NY (the 3 states that have them)
- Robinson Twp, Delaware Riverkeeper Network, et. al. v. Commonwealth: pro-fracking law defeated as unconstitutional.
- PEDF v. Commonwealth: misappropriation of environmental funds secured through fracking leases on public lands a constitutional concern.
- Delaware Riverkeeper Network v. PADEP: failure of state to act to address decades of high level site contamination is a constitutional concern.
- Marple Township Commissioners rely on Article 1 Section 27: reject damaging development that would have devastated treasured woodland, the Don Guanella Woods.
- Center Coalfield Justice v. PADEP: longwall coal mining permit revision unlawful as constitutional violation.
- Friends of Lackawanna v. PADEP: landfill renewal permit ordered modified to address historic groundwater contamination.
- PA Attorney General empanels Grand Jury to investigate systemic failures of government regards to the environmental and community impacts fracking.
- PA's Attorney General is routinely relying on the PA Green Amendment to help advance environmental protection.
- PA Gov Wolf Vetoes law that prohibited communities from instituting plastic ban protections.
- Transource Pennsylvania Transmission Line Before Pennsylvania PUC: PUC Administrative Law Judge recommends denial of powerline approval.
- MEIC v. Montana DEQ: industrial gold mining permit rescinded for failure to consider and protect natural resources.
- Cape France Enterprises v. Estate of Peed: court rejected ordering specific performance of a drilling contract that could have contaminated groundwater supply.
- Park Cty Envtl Council & Greater Yellowstone Coalition v. MT DEQ & Lucky Minerals: gold mining exploration license vacated and state law deemed unconstitutional for exempting activities from essential environmental reviews.
- Fresh Air For The East Site v. New York: first decision utilizing NY Green Amendment in context of a landfill.
- Robinson Township, Delaware Riverkeeper Network, et al v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania., Dec. 19, 2013 – PA Sup Ct Plurality Opinion
- Montana Environmental Info Ctr V. Dept of Envtl Quality, 1999 -- MT Sup Ct. Opinion
- PEDF v. Commonwealth, June 20, 2017 -- PA Sup Ct Opinion
- Robinson Township, Delaware Riverkeeper Network, et al v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania., Sept 28, 2016 -- PA Sup Ct Opinion
- Park County Envtl Comm'n & Yellowstone Coalition v. MT DEQ & Lucky Minerals, Dec. 8, 2020 -- MT Sup Ct Opinion
- Fresh Air for the Eastside, Inc. v. State of New York, Supreme Court State of New York County of Monroe, Dec 7. 2022
- Fresh Air For The East Side v. Town of Perinton, Supreme Court State of New York County of Monroe, Dec. 8, 2022